CommUlinks of Colorado produces an online newspaper called Charitable Colorado, which is based on tweets on Twitter. We release the paper every Tuesday between 3:00p.m.-5:00 p.m and the issue is available for 24 hours, at which point it goes into the archive. The newspaper actually updates every 24 hours, but we only tweet the paper on Tuesdays.
To get stories your Colorado nonprofit is tweeting into the paper, you need to do the following:
- First, you must be following us @CommUlinks on Twitter. If you are following us, you will be included provided you follow the rest of these directions
- You need to tweet within 24 hours prior to the release of the paper
- Your tweets must include direct links to articles, blogs, videos, pictures, pdf files
- The links will not show up in the paper if they go only to your Facebook page
- If you tweet a link only to a website, they may not show up in the paper except as a link in the paper that does now show a headline or story
- Nonprofits that retweet the paper are more likely to be included in it
The paper is automatically generated through our Twitter list called Charitable Colorado and it is arranged automatically as well. We are not able to change it or rearrange it. The paper generates some pages based on hashtags such as #hunger, #nonprofit, etc., so if you want to highlight an issue, use a hashtag. If you had a story you tweeted earlier in the week that you want to get into the paper, tweet it again before 3:00 p.m. on Tuesday.
Right now, we let you know when your organization appears in the paper. In the near future, however, we will not be producing the long list of organizations that appear in the paper. You will need to watch for the tweet saying that Charitable Colorado is out.
CommUlinks operates the @ConnectColorado Twitter page, which currently has over 8,100 Colorado followers. Nonprofits that retweet the Charitable Colorado paper will see that they are highlighted in a tweet on @ConnectColorado including a mention of your organization.
If you follow these directions, your nonprofit will most likely appear in the Tuesday issue of Charitable Colorado. However, there are times when it is not 100% sure for reasons we don't actually know.
The Charitable Colorado newspaper is actually also available for you to tweet any day you want. Just go to this link Charitable Colorado when you have your Twitter account open and hit the tweet button.
We are very open to the idea of producing special issues of Charitable Colorado that cover a specific issue or cause. Please contact us if you would like to do that.
CommUlinks is doing all we can to promote nonprofits on Twitter and to help you to get the most out of using Twitter. If you have questions, feel free to DM us at @CommUlinks. (You must be following us to DM us).