Every day, CommUlinks of Colorado is promoting Colorado nonprofits on Twitter. We do this through our two Twitter accounts, @ConnectColorado and @CommUlinks by retweeting your tweets and through an Internet paper we produce called Charitable Colorado. We also have a blog through @ConnectColorado where we highlight things that are going on and we plan to do more of that in 2011.
The most recent issue of Charitable Colorado included stories from 30 Colorado nonprofits. The stories are compiled from tweets. Organizations that tweet links to stories, articles, blog posts, etc., automatically get included in the paper. While the paper is actually produced daily, we only tweet the paper once per week. We tweet it both on our @CommUlinks Twitter account and on @ConnectColorado where we now have over 6,000 Colorado followers.
If you want your organization included in the paper and retweeted by us regularly, here are the things you need to do:
- Follow us back on @ConnectColorado. We keep two nonprofit lists on that Twitter account: Those who follow us back and those who do not. We retweet those who follow us back. When we do retweet you on @ConnectColorado, you are included in our paper as well.
- Tweet with direct links – not to Facebook. Facebook posts don’t show up in the paper but if you tweet stories, they do. Only tweets with links appear in the paper.
- Tweet pictures of events going on at your organization. Those often appear on the front page of the paper.
- Use Charitable Colorado as another way to bring attention to your organization. When we tweet it and you are in it, retweet it!
- Use hashtags concerning your mission or the gist of your link in your tweets such as #domesticviolence #hunger #homelessness #childabuse #education. These hashtags generate special pages in the Charitable Colorado paper.
- You can tweet the Charitable Colorado paper any time you want. Simply log in to your Twitter account, go to the site http://paper.li/commulinks/charitable-colorado and click on tweet. You can change the tweet to show that you are in it when you do.
Speaking of Facebook – so many of you are tweeting directly from Facebook and still are not noticing what is happening on Twitter when you do. People are paying attention to you but you aren’t noticing. We have said this a lot but it is really important. Please, log into your Twitter account and see who is retweeting you! Then thank them.
We started the Charitable Colorado paper a few weeks ago and have already included hundreds of organizations in it. Has your organization been in it? There are archives to the paper so you can find out.
Read Today’s Issue and Archives: http://t.co/lXvkc1y